GOBLET & EMBnet AGM 2021
11-15 October 2021
GOBLET’s 10th-anniversary celebration
Bioinformatics Education & Training from 2012 and beyond
To commemorate this occasion, Bari’s Unit of ITB , as Italian EMBnet Node and member of the GOBLET Executive Board, has planned a series of events collaborating with the ELIXIR Italian Node, the Department of Computer Science of the Bari University, and the COST Action ML4Microbiome (CA18131).
All events are open to any researcher interested or working in the field of Education & Training in Bioinformatics or in microbiome research (see ML4Microbiome events below reported).
The GOBLET AGM will be run jointly with the EMBnet AGM and will take place from 11-13 October 2021, followed by two other days full of activities.
14 October 2021
ML4Microbiome Symposium “Grand Challenges of Data-Intensive Science in microbiome & metagenome data analysis and training”.
For info, please visit the Symposium website available here
15 October 2021
Three parallel events will take place!
— First Hackathon on “Developing (FAIR) training materials for a lesson on how to develop (FAIR) training materials”
Organised by ELIXIR (Allegra Via and Patricia Palagi)
This hackathon is organised In the context of the ELIXIR-GOBLET partnership and the ELIXIR Train-the-Trainer project. It aims at developing a lesson and related materials on how to develop FAIR training materials.
- Equip participants with general practices for training materials design and delivery
- Review the “Ten rules for making training materials FAIR”
- Identify teaching objectives and learning outcomes for the lesson
- Put together a scaffold of the lesson and associated materials
In November 2021, at the European BioHackathon, we will finalise the lesson by developing the actual content, including practical activities and exercises and assessments.
— ML4Microbiome Workshop “Statistical and machine learning techniques for microbiome data analysis”
— EMBnet Tutorial “Organising online bioinformatics courses using EMBnet Education & Training material: 4 level courses”
Organised by the EMBnet Education & Training Project Committee
Registration is open and free of charge but mandatory for organisational reasons.
The registration form is available online here. Please indicate which days you will be able to attend. We hope to see many of you there!
We will use the Zoom platform, and the time period is from noon to 4 pm CEST on each of the AGM days (11-13 October); this way, we hope to accommodate most of the different time zones GOBLET & EMBnet members.
11-12 October 2021
- Activity reports from GOBLET & EMBnet on specific initiatives and working groups (11 October)
- Presentations by members (12 October)
13 October 2021
Internal GOBLET and EMBnet meetings (for members only)
Notes for EMBnet and GOBLET members
- Participation is not limited to one person per member organisation. One of the advantages of a virtual AGM is that it is logistically and financially easier to attend compared to a F2F event. We hope that you will pass this invitation to other people in your organisation, and we are looking forward to welcoming them to the AGM too.
- If you are interested in making a pitch to organise the AGM2022, please contact the GOBLET Exec at email@example.com for GOBLET AGM 2022, and EMBnet Exec at firstname.lastname@example.org for the EMBnet AGM 2022 (deadline: 4 October, 2021). The proposal can be for a F2F, virtual or hybrid event.
- Contact at CNR-ITB: email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting you virtually very soon!
Stay in touch and follow us on our EMBnet LinkedIn page